Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 10, 2010

This weekend has been kind of a bummer. I attended a workshop all day Saturday on teaching Gifted and Talented children. Shaun stayed hme and watched both kids (didn't even go to his mom's cause she was busy). Both Shaun and Maggie are sick. Cooper and I are inbetween sick and well. :( But things are really looking up....I have jury duty tomorrow and grad classes start back up (dripping with sarcasim).

Cooper has said some really funny things lately. He is very sensitive to other people's moods. I was heatedly telling Drea a story. I guess I had a little to much vigor in my retelling. Cooper sternly said, "Maaaaaaama you be nice to my Dre-Dra". Drea and I laughed and had to explain I wasn’t mad, I was telling her a story.

Shaun took him to the bathroom while we were partying on New Years at a Pizza Place (really, I used to be cool). Someone had spit their huge piece of pink bubble gum in the urinal. Cooper asked, “Daddy, did someone leave their penis here?"

We were playing Ants in the Pants. You push down on the tails of these plastic ant-like creatures, making them jump and try to land them in a firedog's oversized pants (this too was probably on a weekend night or some other time when I should have been out, but I was home and loving every minute of it....my how far I've come!) I was explaining to him how to make the ants jump. He launched into an exasperated explanation, "Mommy (hands on hips) we DO NOT PULL TAILs. It will hurt the dogs. He will bite us cause he does not have words to say stop it." It was so funny, he has probably heard this speech a thousand times and now he was repeating it.

A not so funny (well, kind of) story. He was really quiet so I called his name. No Answer. Again, call his name. No Answer. Louder, I call his name. He finally answers, "What?" I ask, "What are you doing?" He replies angrily, "I am turning the D@#$ light off!" After I collected myself from somewhere between laughter and horror. I said, "We don't say that word. Where did you hear it?" He couldn't tell me (We really don't swear at all). So I dropped it and he hasn't said anything since.

5 comments:

David and Amanda said...

LOL. What a funny kid. I'm still laughing at the the light comment. Miss you guys!

Papa Randy said...

Truly a gifted kid. I need some pictures please.

Heidi and Rich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi and Rich said...

Those were funny comments - don't you love kids. Oh and the whole being home on the weekends thing - it is funny how the days of being truly cool are gone!!! We will ever be cool again??!?! I hope so.

Mandi said...

All of those stories are so adorable. It is great that you write them down and remember!